Norwalk, CT, USA
The Platform Product Development team is responsible for streamlining the user experience across all FactSet Platforms (Workstation, Web, Office, and Mobile). The Core Platform team is responsible for the design and user experience for Workstation and all cross-platform applications and utilities. We are currently looking for a Product Manager to help manage several functional areas of core platform, with a focus on usage logging and data analytics for search systems. As a member of this team, you will be responsible for helping to define data analysis systems, API’s and other efforts to empower search technologies and systems within FactSet.
- Determining product requirements, priorities and creating specifications for complex data analysis systems
- Applying knowledge in data systems and data analysis to help provide strategic direction for product development efforts.
- Partner with machine learning and data scientists to help define useful data, metrics and services to be used to prove out ML and statistical models.
- Identifying and performing data analysis to determine effectiveness of ML and production level feature development.
- Driving the opportunities to identify and develop API’s for search services
- Determining product requirements, priorities, creating specs and user stories to take R&D efforts from idea to product.
- Gathering feedback/needs/suggestions from internal and external users to develop relevant business use cases
- Communicating needs to design and engineering through user stories and detailed specifications.
- Testing pre-release software.
- Providing first-line PD support for bugs and questions.
- Managing internal documentation and working with Knowledge Management/Marketing on external documentation.
- Coordinating with development engineers in the creation of test plans.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related technical field
- 5-7 years of Product Development experience
- Large data analytics or data science background
- Experience with search systems and complex data modeling
- Working knowledge of API development, needs and use cases.
- Strong technical and product expertise, with a solid understanding of software development principles and Agile development methodologies
- Knowledge of, and comfort with large software development systems
- Outstanding project management/organizational skills – ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to break large projects into smaller deliverables and prioritize each based on end user needs
- Self-starter that is capable of tackling complex/loosely defined problems and structuring a well-organized and actionable solution
- Results focused with a strong sense of initiative and attention to detail
- A passion for data and deriving insights that can be applied to development efforts
- A familiarity with machine learning and data analytics tools and software development systems
- Strong knowledge & understanding of FactSet’s multiple lines of business
- Experience with the SDLC, code repositories, software systems, operating systems, and continuous deployment systems
- Interest in, and experience with financial technology platforms
FactSet is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity