Stripe strives to build the best products and services helping entrepreneurs around the world to grow their businesses. We work on complex technical and legal problems every day, and we’re looking for a versatile attorney to help protect our growing business. We’re seeking a highly motivated litigation attorney to manage pre-litigation, litigation, and alternative dispute resolution for a wide variety of disputes.
In this role you will:
- handle all aspects of potential litigation and investigations, including responding to subpoenas and discovery requests; creating and analyzing investigative plans; interviewing and preparing witnesses; and negotiating and drafting settlements;
- directly support smaller claims and arbitrations and supervise outside counsel on any larger matter;
- help develop litigation strategy and devise scalable processes and procedures to ensure the litigation function scales with our business;
- partner closely with internal teams, including other teams on legal as well as risk, compliance and related teams; and
- proactively identify, analyze, and mitigate legal risks.
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- A minimum of 6 years combined relevant experience at a leading law firm or in-house legal department focusing on litigation;
- Excellent written and verbal communication and advocacy skills;
- Excellent strategic thinking to enable business partners to make decisions that are grounded in a practical application of the law, the technology, and the business goals.
- A JD degree from an ABA-accredited university and be in good standing with the California Bar (or equivalent registered IHC or obtain registered IHC in jurisdiction of location).
The person we want to hire for this role will also be:
- an exceptionally hard worker, capable of getting things done;
- a team player who is willing to pitch in where needed in a fast-paced, growing company;
- decisive and have excellent judgment, and capable of making smart decisions in the face of ambiguity and imperfect information;
- passionate about Stripe’s mission to increase the GDP of the internet.
- Please include your resume and LinkedIn profile.