This is AdyenWe took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we're the payments platform of choice for the world's brightest companies. Speed is the foundation of our company. We think fast. We work fast. We launch fast. We are honest, direct, and try to have some fun too. We’re creating our own path, with a global team driving sustainable growth. To maintain our momentum, we need people to join us in finding new ways of solving our unique challenges - people like you.
Data AnalystWe are looking for a Data Analyst to join our team in Amsterdam. In this role, you will be looking to leverage our Big Data infrastructure to deliver actionable insights both internally and externally. This is a very dynamic role that will have you wearing multiple hats throughout your week. You could be the technical master working side by side with data scientists on machine learning projects, the BI master that builds out dashboards for internal insights or the product master that helps shape the products we offer in a data driven way. We will try to help you find your most effective path that will leverage your skills and interests.
What you’ll do
- Optimize payment processing quality for the benefit of our full client base
- Building the backend for and delivering insights for your team or Adyen’s merchants
- Collaborate with engineers, data scientists and product managers to test, iterate, and measure impact of proposed solutions
- Interface with a diverse set of merchants worldwide, and gain an in depth understanding of the most complex problems facing the FinTech world today
- Performing analyses for any internal team within Adyen if the need arises
- Provide our Sales and AM teams with relevant insights to close deals or drive new volume within existing markets.
Who you are
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit
- Strike good balance between technical and commercial understanding
- Excellent in communication of complex data or technical functionality with commercial or client teams
- You’re familiar with data analysis languages such as Python (preferred), R or Matlab
- Feel comfortable writing queries in SQL
- Experience with big data tooling i.e. Pyspark / Hadoop / Airflow is a big plus
- Experience with BI tools, Looker specifically is a plus
- Experience in the FinTech industry is a plus