Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then we've changed the banking industry forever. And now we're creating the world's smoothest shopping experience. We serve over 90 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 200,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world's leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by 3500+ employees from 100 nationalities.
This is an excellent opportunity for Software Engineers to join our brand new office in our newly formed tech hub of Milan, Italy.
About Engineering at KlarnaEngineering at Klarna is an inspired, customer focused community, dedicated to crafting solutions that redefine our industry. Working in small, highly collaborative Agile teams, you and your team will have a clear mission and ownership of an important outcome that supports Klarna and our customers. At Klarna we optimise for quality, flow, fast feedback, focusing on end-to-end ownership, continuous improvement, testing, monitoring, and experimentation. We aim for teams that are inclusive, helpful, and have a strong sense of ownership for the things they build.
As a Klarnaut, you’ll contribute to the growth of Europe’s most highly valued fintech and your work will reach millions of users. Want to be part of the change? We're expanding several of of our engineering teams; teams working on our core checkout product, payment services and Klarna App to name a few.
Check out what it's like to be an engineer in Milan here.
What you’ll get to do
- Own your services end to end. Decide how best to build, test, deploy and monitor.
- Work with large scale, highly available and resilient modern financial systems.
- Be an integral part of a team, in addition to its culture and ways of working. Common practices include agile methodologies, pair and mob programming.
- Work with automated deployment enabling code release multiple times a day.
- Succeed, fail, and learn together with other talented people. We believe in an environment that provides an opportunity for growth and see education as an outcome of failure that gets us closer to the next breakthrough.
- Work with modern tools and languages that excite you.
Some of the technologies you will get to work with:
- Functional programming languages including Erlang, Scala (typelevel stack), Clojure, Functional Typescript and JVM tooling.*
- Previous functional programming experience isn’t essential, but you should be open to learning and working with any of these languages as the choices available may change over time.
We are also utilising: Mnesia, and a range of OTP tools.Kafka, Serverless, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, LevelDB.Prometheus, Splunk, Ansible, Terraform, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes.
To succeed in this role, we think you should have
- Experience with/ desire to work with functional programming.
- The desire to be involved in technical architecture discussions and help drive technical decisions within your team.
What we can offer youMake an impact
- You'll be part of a small team that functions like a start-up, with their own problem space and freedom to steer. Each team consist of multiple competences needed to deliver success.
Be part of a true international team
- You'll have the opportunity to work in an international company and with cross-geographical teams with people from a variety of different countries.
- You know best how and when you are the most productive. We value goals achieved rather than working hours spent.
Fail fast and learn faster
- You are expected to try, fail and learn from your mistakes. We put focus on knowledge sharing, reflection, training and regular internal technical talks to foster a learning culture.
Drive your unique career path
- You'll have the support around you to take the next steps in your career. You decide what your irregular path looks like.
RSU program in a sky rocketing fintech
- You’ll receive an attractive salary, pension, and insurance plans, plus we offer all of our employees an opportunity to invest in a RSU program and own a stake of the company.
We also believe in making contributions to the open source community. You can find some of our work at https://github.com/klarna.
How to apply: please send us your CV or Linkedin profile in English.
Klarna is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates. Please refrain from including your picture and age with your application.