The Supply Chain Management Student Program allows individuals to gain experience and exposure across the many different facets of a strategic enterprise. Within the program, students will be assigned to one of our supply chain departments where they will be given challenging projects with specific goals, providing opportunities for personal growth and development. Furthermore, students will experience comprehensive projects in one of six groups within the organization:
- Demand Planning – This group is responsible for retail forecasting, vehicle inventory analysis, reporting, validation, and order processing.
- Production Planning – This group aligns demand plans with production capacities to develop an optimal vehicle production plan. They are responsible for slotting, scheduling and sequencing orders within our manufacturing facilities.
- Capacity Planning – This group works to resolve production and supplier constraints and resolve material requirement variances to capacity. This group is also responsible for supplier development initiatives.
- Inter-Regional Flow and Customs – This group focuses on the flow of parts and material across the different regions to ensure we are compliant to all customs guidelines.
- Logistics – This group manages parts and vehicle transportation networks and cost management, as well as operating an internal trucking company.
- Fiat Chrysler Auto Transport Supplier Delivery Risk Management – This group manages supplier development and system integrations, expedite management, and critical part resolution.
Overall, students will have the opportunity to gain industry experience, interface with all levels within our Supply Chain organization and apply their coursework to drive results.
The position itself is located at our FCA US Headquarters and Technology Center and provides students an opportunity to work year round in a part-time role. Our typical program requires students to work 24 hours a week (three 8-hour days). In addition to this, students that demonstrate outstanding qualities will be considered for full-time positions in our various new hire programs following graduation.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, or related field
- Ability to work 24 hours per week, year round, in Auburn Hills, Michigan
- GPA of 3.0 or higher (based on a 4.0 scale)
- Minimum of a sophomore status in college
- Strong interest in automotive industry
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Previous internship/supply chain experience
- Strong data analysis skills