The Manufacturing Leadership Development Program (MLDP) is a two-year rotational program that offers a unique opportunity for work and study. During the course of the program, the MLDP employee will take on four-month assignments in core manufacturing functions, with the opportunity to complete a company-sponsored MBA or technical Master’s degree. Through the program, the MLDP employee will gain foundational knowledge in critical core manufacturing processes and build on their talents through high-impact assignments, helping us drive continual improvement in quality, cost, lead time, flexibility, and customer service.
You will take part in six rotational assignments–lasting four months each–within different areas of our Manufacturing organization (Powertrain, Stamping, Material Logistics Management, Environment, Health & Safety, Manufacturing Engineering, and Assembly). Each assignment consists of a hands-on role that will help you gain experience and understanding of the Technical and Managerial Pillars of the WCM philosophy and practice. In addition, the employee will experience cross-functional exposure within other FCA Organizations.
While completing rotational assignments within the Manufacturing organization, the employee will be attending a graduate program at a local university working towards the completion of an advanced technical degree or MBA.
- Bachelor’s degree in a manufacturing-related program (e.g., Engineering, Business, Logistics) by June 2021
- Strong interest in manufacturing and manufacturing operations in the automotive industry
- Strong Leadership characteristics
- Strong organizational, written, and oral communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Must have graduated with a Bachelor’s degree on or before June 2021
- Previous internship with an automotive manufacturer
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Demonstrated knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Processes
- No pre-existing Master’s degree or current enrollment in a Master’s program