Objective of job
The International Procurement Services unit (IPS) is responsible for the global procurement of non-production materials (NPM) and services. We are procurement experts, and responsible for a wide range of groups of materials, from production equipment, construction services and energy to trade fairs and events. As a partner to the specialist units around the world, we buy the best overall package of quality, price, innovation and timing. We work with several thousand suppliers around the world.
The buyer will take responsibilities in logistic commodities procurement.
The buyer will :
- Effectively execute procurement of logistic commodity projects of Daimler in China;
- Proactively collaborate with Business Units (BU), implement purchase planning, understand the purpose and needs, drive market investigation, conduct supplier assessment;
- Closely communicate with Regional and Global Commodity Manager to implement commodity strategy;
- Actively participate in strategic projects and execute continuous improvement process;
- Ensure procurement activities in compliance with procurement processes and guidelines;
- Perform suppliers management and performance evaluation;
- Work out Negotiation Design and efficiently utilize IPS tools and systems to drive purchasing results;
- Other administrative tasks assigned by the supervisors
1. Effectively execute procurement of logistic commodity projects of Daimler in China.
RFQ-process, price plausibility check, negotiation design, sourcing recommendation, management summary, issuing contract:
- Execute Daimler NPM principle;
- Ensure execution of compliance policy;
- Supplier evaluation;
- Prepare RFQ list , RFQ document by collecting specs/drawings / terms and conditions;
- Manage RFQ process;
- Answer suppliers commercial questions and obtain missing data;
- Manage interfaces;
- Conduct price plausibility check by using price plausibility baseline
- Prepare negotiation design, conduct negotiations;
- Report and get Sourcing Recommendation approval
- Actively collaborate with internal business partners and ensure IPS sourcing decision proposal are aligned with internal business partners;
- Issue Contracts
- Continuously improvement on efficiency and effectiveness
2. Collaborate with Business Units
Implement purchase planning, understand the purpose and needs, drive market investigation and identify potential supplier set jointly with BU, jointly supplier performance review.
3. Collaborate with suppliers
Ensure Daimler compliance, integrity are implemented; conduct RFI, RFQ, negotiate prices, negotiate other commercial terms and negotiate legal terms together with lawyer, build up constructive relationship with suppliers
4. Collaborate with Reginal and Global Commodity Managers
Close communication with Regional and Global Commodity Manager to implement commodity strategy and early involve Regional and Global Commodity Manager in the coming projects and ensure the alignment
5. Strategic tasks
Actively participate in strategic projects in the company, contribute initiatives and feedbacks, and execute accordingly
6. Ensure procurement activities in compliance with procurement processes and guidelines.
Bachelor degree or above
Fluent English and Chinese both in oral and business writing. German is a plus.
- Working experience in multinational company.
- At least 3 years of working experience in the field of indirect purchasing, direct purchasing, supply chain management or other related industries.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Strong sense of confidentiality, compliance, integrity, and anti-trust.
- Having very good team spirit
- Sufficient knowledge on purchasing process, systems and standards.
- Capable of managing conflicts internally and externally.
- Quick learner proactively improving market intelligence and keep updated with industry dynamics.
- Good competence to work under pressure and to deal with urgent tasks, ownership, and able to work independently and self-motivated , time management.
Field of activity:Procurement
DepartmentProcurement NPM R&D, IT & Digital Services