At Mercedes-Benz U.S. International the motto is “The Best or Nothing” and it is applied to every car built, project completed, and every co-op taught. The MBUSI Co-Op Program gives students an opportunity to gain real world experience in an international environment. The three terms allows students to apply what they learn in the classroom to projects and initiatives that will drive MBUSI forward while also building upon their prior skillset. Students will become a part of a team and work side by side with professionals in a variety of departments.
MBUSI is a dynamic and collaborative environment and we seek highly motivated students that will make a measurable contribution to our company.
You are our investment in the future. Our goal is to help you grow professionally and personally.
During your time at MBUSI, you will have the opportunity to take ownership of significant projects and tasks that are specific to your department. Through ownership of these assignments, you will be able to utilize your skillsets on real industry needs that will help your department meet its goals.
Additionally, you will be paired with a mentor that is on your team. You and your mentor will work closely together to reach your personal and professional goals.
As a MBUSI Co-Op, you will also:
- Be challenged to think beyond your comfort zone
- Gain experience working in a global setting
- Network with like-minded professionals and other students
- Graduate with a year of experience
- Become a leader on your team
Work with respective management to structure a main project for the term.
Perform daily/weekly tasks as instructed by your supervisor.
Schedule and attend meetings with your supervisor and mentor(s) to gain feedback and discuss progress on the project and tasks assigned.
Conduct an end-of-term presentation and/or final presentation with your team including your respective E4, E3, and E2 (if final).
Complete any required trainings for the department including but not limited to Mercedes Production Systems (MPS).
Act as an ambassador for the company by demonstrating integrity and maintaining corporate values with a positive and energetic attitude.
Perform safe work practices and participate in trainings and safety programs in a positive and proactive way by following safety rules, procedures, regulations, standards and laws. Report all unsafe acts, unsafe conditions, and injuries to supervisor or Human Resources.
Work safely 100% of the time.
Perform other duties as required.
Example Projects Include:
- Successfully receive and analyze RFQ (request for quote) from suppliers and create a value analysis
- Working with LSP (Logistics Service Provider) and suppliers to ensure parts arrive on time and to MBUSI quality standards
- Month end closing support, create top management reports and analysis
Requirements for our program include:
- Students must be a least sophomore level and must be currently enrolled as an undergraduate student in a related major in an accredited university in the United States
- 3.0 minimum GPA
- Must be able to complete three alternating terms (Spring, Summer, Fall)
- Must be able to work in Vance, Alabama (remote opportunities unavailable at this time)
Field of activity:Others
DepartmentCompensation & Recruiting