Employment Status: Co-op Student
Salary Min: $21.01
Temp Duration: 4 month
We’re looking for new talent to join us as we reinvent the future of energy. Across BC, we have a diverse team of more than 2,400 employees we can’t do without, yet we’re growing as fast as ever.
You may think we’re your standard utility that delivers natural gas and electricity, but we’re also into cool, innovative energy solutions. Think carbon capture, renewable energies and lower-carbon transportation for a start. We believe in creating a cleaner, healthier tomorrow.
If you like meaningful work, a dynamic environment and forward-thinking colleagues, build your career with us. You’ll get opportunities to grow, lead, solve, and create. So what are you waiting for? Let’s rethink energy together.
4 month Co-op to start January 2021.
Under the direction of the Senior Technical Analyst this co-op student will be responsible for:
- First level technical support for all FortisBC personal computing and related equipment on our Microsoft environment
- First level support for IP telephony equipment
- Loading and configuring of laptops and desktops for end user deployment
- Communicate effectively and demonstrate professional competence with users, co-workers and management.
- Manage user support requests
- Currently enrolled in Computer Information Systems or equivalent program
- Microsoft training
- Network infrastructure training - Cisco
- IP telephony training
- Valid class 5 BC drivers licence
This position will require travel within the service territory.
Our engaging workplace offers a wide range of challenging opportunities, while being safe, inclusive and diverse. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, while supporting life-long career development. We also encourage volunteerism and nourish the need to give to your community.
The safety of our customers and FortisBC family members is our number one priority. Depending on the responsibilities of the job, some employees continue to report to the office while others work remotely. To ensure the safety of our employees on our job sites, there is strict adherence to our worksite safety plans and social distancing practices. As an essential service provider, we’ll continue to follow the government COVID-19 guidelines and adjust our plans as necessary. As we welcome new employees, our commitment to safety remains for all of our FortisBC family.
To learn more about the recruitment process with FortisBC, please visit the You’re Applying. What now? page for additional information.