Boston, MA, USA
FactSet’s product suite of smart analytics and unique data empower the world’s leading financial service professionals to make more informed decisions every day. At our heart is an inclusive community unified by the spirit of going above and beyond. Our philosophy is to embrace diversity, and that our best ideas can come from anyone, anywhere, at any time. We continuously look ahead to advance the future and technology of our industry, by rolling up our sleeves to solve tough problems together, and by learning from our successes, as well as our failures.
The Core PA team develops and maintains the calculation engine infrastructure that drives the calculations behind our Portfolio Analysis suite of applications: including PA3, Publisher, Vault and Dashboard. Our calculation service handles millions of requests every day and clients use these calculations to analyze and report on their portfolios.
The role as an engineer of the Core PA team will be to develop and support new applications and maintain and enhance our calculation engine and underlying infrastructure. Our engineers work with the Product Development team on incremental product feature addition, diagnosis and resolution of client bugs and issues, implementation of financial models, and loading of client and third-party data.
Some of our strategic objectives include:
- High Performance C++ Microservices: Creation new microservices written in C++ that will service the calculation requests of both internal and external consumers leveraging FactSet’s internal Platform-as-a-Service, factset.io.
- Development and Implementation of Additional Product Features: Collaboration with Core PA Product Development to build out additional features requested by our clients.
- Design and develop software components to meet business requirements, improve performance and improve data quality
- Analyze, troubleshoot and resolve production issues
- Work closely with product developers to understand product requirements and implement technical solutions
- Collaborate with application teams to build and understand cross-team requirements and designs
- Develop a deep understanding of the business logic driving the calculations behind the portfolio analysis applications
- Has an undergraduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent training
- Ability to develop software in the required languages and using required 3rd party tools, applications and libraries where needed.
- Ability to learn and apply internal systems and processes for developing and deploying software
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers within the organization
- Strong C++ or Java programming skills
- Strong working knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Strong understanding of object oriented design patterns and principles
FactSet is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity