Software EngineerVancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Save save Software Engineer to job cart
- Job number 916292
- Date posted Oct 30, 2020
- Travel 0-25 %
- Profession Engineering
- Role type Individual Contributor
- Employment type Full-Time
Intelligent Conversation & Communications Cloud (IC3) is an org within the Microsoft 365 (M365) portfolio of products. IC3 powers billions of conversations across Microsoft Teams and other clients. It enables reliable, high quality audio/video calling, meeting, and messaging services across a wide variety of end points.
Inside of IC3, we are the group providing all the services that power Calling, Meetings & PSTN (CMP) workloads. Millions of customers around the globe rely 24/7, on the services that we build for running their core businesses. Powering all of this takes a set of well architected, globally distributed, highly scalable services and applications. Our group is responsible for building and growing these services.
We are looking for a candidates who are passionate about building high quality reliable Cloud Service features. As an engineer in our team, you’ll be working on changes to one or more services to meet the growing needs of Microsoft first party and second party solutions. In particular, for a given feature you’ll be expected to meet with stakeholders/PM to get the requirements, document the design and review within the team, implement the design, create unit tests on your changes, manage the flighting of the new feature, and implement additional monitoring and metrics as needed for the feature. In short, you will truly own your feature from start to finish
- Design and develop features as part of delivering our Communication Platform.
- Adhere to and drive modern software engineering practices through design and code reviews.
- System design through well-defined interfaces across multiple components, code reviews, leveraging data/telemetry to make decisions.
- Develop “best-in-class” engineering for our services by ensuring that the services and the components are: well-defined and modularized, secure, reliable, diagnosable, actively monitored and reusable.
- Improve test coverage for services, organize and implement integration tests, and resolve problem areas.
- Consider testability, portability/monitoring, reliability, and maintainability, and understand when code is ready to be shared and delivered.
- Gain a working understanding of Microsoft as a business and collaborate with mentors and leaders in order to contribute to cohesive, end-to-end experiences for our users.
- Focus on customer/partner needs through a data driven approach.
- 2+ years of software design and development experience with backend services
- 2+ years hands on experience in any Object-Oriented coding language such as C++, C#, Java or Python
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or Engineering OR equivalent years of work experience
- Ability to communicate technical details clearly across organizational boundaries
- Experience in DevOps to maintain live services and\or application frameworks
- Cloud and services experience, with Azure cloud experience highly desirable
- Excellent analytical skills with systematic and structured approach to software design
- Passion for building highly scalable, highly reliable services
- Experience with or exposure to Agile and iterative development processes
- Growth Mindset with a desire to learn, a tendency to embrace challenges, persist in the face of setback, see failures as essential to mastery, learn from criticism and find lessons and inspiration in the success of others
- Help to create a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can bring their full and authentic self, where all voices are heard, and where we do our best work as a result
- Confident and articulate in expressing ideas to a mixed audience with varying views and challenges
- A sense of personal ownership and accountability is required, together with the ability to deliver to deadlines while managing internal stakeholder expectations.
- Self-motivated with a strong drive for reaching across teams and organizations to make progress collaboratively.
By applying to this position, you are being considered for multiple like positions within our organization for an invitation to our Virtual Interview Day in November 2020.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Save save Software Engineer to job cart