At Tetra Pak we touch millions of people’s lives every day, ensuring better nutrition and healthier lifestyles through safe packaging and food processing solutions. Guided by our global brand promise, PROTECTS WHAT´S GOOD, we strive to make a difference by protecting food, people and our futures. To do this we need more than smart technology. We need smart people too. People like you, who wants to work with people like us.
Manager Project / Process EngineeringThe Manager Project / Process Engineering will be responsible for delivery of technical, operational, and strategic objectives through management of a team of specialized engineers with a high degree of competence and knowledge of a particular discipline. This position will manage and develop the process engineering group for the US and Canada market. You will be responsible for driving common processes and tools as well as ensuring the alignment with the global process strategies. You will provide local support in regards to quoting, designing, implementing, sales support and maintaining processing systems in the liquid dairy, beverage, and food industry.
The position is based in Winsted, MN.
You will be travelling up to 20% of your time to our customer sites.
Tetra Pak is not considering applicants (Internal or External) who require International relocation to the United States.
What you will doAs Manager Project / Process Engineering you will:
- Carry out the operations in compliance with:
- All applicable laws and legal requirements and standards
- Tetra Pak’s Code of Business Conduct, Core Values, Policies, Quality Governance, procedures, and guidelines, and implement appropriate controls to secure early detection of any potential non-compliance
- Implement the technical/operational strategy of the unit in order to meet business needs
- Drive short term resources and competence planning to match the business need
- Deploy, support, and ensure adherence for global and cluster procedures and tools, including maturity assessments, in alignment with Cluster America Process Engineering Office (PEO)
- Understand and verify standards under which your team operates, identify potential deviations, and provide an improvement plan
- Give technical and strategic support for projects implementation and technical issues resolution, supporting interface with customers, sales teams, and project managers
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives for processes, tools, and capabilities development
- Develop and maintain a high performing team
- Support Cluster resource management, engineering allocation and cost management
- Contribute to decision-making around technical / business issues
Who you areWe believe you have:
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering
- At least 7 years of work experience in an engineering field, within a Project matrix organization preferred
- Ideally knowledge of Dairy, fluid, cheese and powder processing
- Good knowledge of Tetra Pak products and portfolio preferred
- Knowledge of Tetra Pak’s engineering tools and procedures of Quality Governance for customer projects
- Experience managing a team preferred, consolidated experience in team or project coordination
- Strong leadership and communications skills
- Fluent in English, Spanish and Portuguese a plus
We offer you
- Variety of exciting challenges with ample opportunities for development and training in a truly global landscape
- Culture that pioneers spirit of innovation where our engineering genius drives visible result
- Equal opportunity employment experience that values difference and diversity
- Market competitive compensation and benefits with flexible working arrangements
Apply now!If you are inspired to share our responsibility of protecting food to protecting the planet, please submit your resume in English through our careers page on www.jobs.tetrapak.com.
This job posting expires on December 4, 2020.
Nearest Major Market: Torrington