A career in our Innovation Development practice, within Innovation services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients' redesign, redefine, and redeploy their assurance and/or tax departments to be a strategic asset across the enterprise. You'll focus on assisting clients as they incorporate increased automation, machine learning, data & analytics, Open Source technologies into their processes to deliver better quality output and contribute more strategically to organisational decision making. Our team helps our clients create a guided path to innovation by developing the right methods that generate insight based ideas, and to select, produce and commercialise the most valuable and viable results. You’ll focus on software driven innovation strategy, software technology diligence, operating model design, software product planning and management, and software architecture and cloud strategy.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Additional ResponsibilitiesWe’re leading the way as technology-enabled tax advisors who provide value through digitization, automation and increased efficiencies - all made possible by equipping our professionals to succeed in a world where transactions are faster, more complicated and require a deeper level of sophistication. PwC Tax provides unparalleled technical knowledge and specialization and industry insights, coupled with the One Firm knowledge that brings everything PwC offers to solve our clients’ needs
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Minimum Years of Experience:
4 year(s) with 3 years working as a front end UI Developer
Preferred Fields of Study:
Management Information Systems, Computer and Information Science
Demonstrates extensive knowledge and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Utilizing knowledge of all UX stages, including; initial concepts, user-flows, functional UI prototypes, HTML/CSS coding, and hand-off specifications to developers;
- Explaining complex UI concepts to non-designers, and demo working UI code to executive leadership and development teams;
- Creating working HTML/CSS prototypes to communicate interaction and UI design concepts;
- Utilizing knowledge of DevExpress, DevExtreme, and HandsOnTable;
- Presenting and defending of prototypes and key deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders; and,
- Establishing and promoting HTML/CSS guidelines, industry leading practices and standards by contributing to our PwC Tax Technology UI library.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Responsive design, benefits, code, and layout strategies;
- Bootstrap, and experience using similar frameworks;
- Advanced HTML/CSS UI coding skills with a strong portfolio;
- Creation of wireframes, storyboards, user-flows, process-flows and sitemaps;
- Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator or similar visual design / wireframing tools;
- Axure, UXPin, or similar prototyping tools;
- .NET applications and teams;
- Agile/Scrum development process;
- UI coding skills and knowledge of complex user interactions; and,
- Up-to-date with the latest Web trends, techniques and technologies.
Demonstrates success as tax technical business advisor, including developing new relationships, making introductions to sell new services and doing so with a "One Firm" service mindset. Preferred familiarity with a CRM system.
Demonstrates knowledge of automation & digitization in a professional services environment including but not limited to:- innovating through new and existing technologies, along with experimenting with digitization solutions;
- working with large, complex data sets to build models and leverage data visualization tools to provide insights to clients;
- utilizing digitization tools to reduce hours and optimize engagements
Knowledge of alternative fee arrangements, including the use of pricing tools, to provide a point of view on pricing strategies.
We are transforming the way we deliver tax services. Find out more about what we do on our Tax Career Page at pwc.to/whatwedotax
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.