San Francisco, United States
About AirbnbAirbnb is one of the world’s largest marketplaces for unique, authentic places to stay and things to do, offering over 7 million accommodations and 40,000 handcrafted activities, all powered by local hosts. As an economic empowerment engine, Airbnb has helped millions of hospitality entrepreneurs monetize their spaces and their passions while keeping the financial benefits of tourism in their own communities. With more than half a billion guest arrivals to date, and accessible in 62 languages across 220 countries and regions, Airbnb promotes people-to-people connection, community and trust around the world.
About SamaraSamara is a product development team at Airbnb. We build products and services that extend Airbnb beyond travel into everyday life. Our aspiration is to create revolutionary experiences that enable new ways of living through Airbnb.
The RoleWe’re looking for a Staff Software Engineer to help build the future here at Samara. As a full-stack / generalist with experience shipping both new and mature software, you’ll help build the core of our emerging products and services. This hands-on development role requires broad technical knowledge, the ability to work across product lines, and strong collaborations with cross-functional teams.
- Apply your extensive technical experience to design, build, release, and maintain software solutions for Samara’s emerging products and services
- Build flexible, maintainable, and scalable solutions using a variety of technologies
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners through all phases of product development
- Advise stakeholders on the technical scope and feasibility of complex product requirements
- Up-level your teammates and yourself: provide and receive technical guidance, review architectural proposals, redefine team development practices
- You have 8+ years of industry experience delivering production software in one or more of: web services, mobile applications, IOT products and backing services, desktop software
- You have led the design, implementation, and deployment of one or more long term initiatives
- You have a deep understanding of distributed systems and asynchronous programming models
- You deliver intuitive APIs, maintainable code, unit tests, and other engineering best practices
- You have worked with engineering and cross-functional partner teams through all phases of product development
- You have a BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent industry experience
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter subsidies
- Community involvement (4 hours per month to give to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Much more...