Snapchat is a camera and messaging app that connects people to their friends and the world. Every day around the globe, millions of people use Snapchat to communicate with friends, build relationships, play, and learn. No matter where you are or how you express yourself, it’s always the fastest way to share a moment!
As a Machine Learning Engineer within the Growth ML team in Seattle WA, you will lead projects that accelerate Snap user growth and retention. We help users find friends that they want to talk to through relevant and timely friend suggestions, and drive user growth through surfacing the right content to the right users at the right time across all our channels (notification/sms/email). We provide users with personalized experiences using machine learning/deep learning to power both friend recommendations and notification optimization.
We’re a team of engineers who are passionate about solving interesting technical challenges such as building ML solutions to drive user growth and retention, mining insights from large scale social graphs, architecting and deploying infrastructure to handle our scale, and maintaining software used by millions every day.
What you'll do:
- Develop innovative ML/AI solutions for challenging business problems that are fundamental for Snap.
- Deliver enduring value in terms of software and modeling artifacts.
- Partner with product teams to analyze key business problems.
- Ability to communicate complex black-box models to cross-functional stakeholders
- Masters in Computer Science with a specialization in ML, related field, or equivalent industry experience.
- 2+ years of industry experience in applied ML, or a Ph.D. with some industry experience obtained through e.g. internships.
- Excellent programming and algorithmic skills (we mainly use Java & Python)
- Experience with ML frameworks such as PyTorch and TensorFlow.
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE, including disability/vets. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at email@example.com.