Position: STET Supplier Quality Engineer - Plastics Commodity
Bring your external SQE execution experience in plastics commodity field in a supplier quality engineering setting, implementing and deploying APQP-PPAP (PSW) process at supplier site locations. This is done in support of transfer / NPI (New Product Introduction) projects as part of the Supplier Quality Engineering role within the Philips STET organization. Your challenge will be to work with our internal project teams and plastics / rubber molding Supplier Partners and ensuring project time lines are always met, while delivering the quality and integrity of Philips APQP-PSW process. This involves being a confident in on site execution of APQP-PSW skill sets tools, managing multiple projects in support of STET project leader, effective communication and working flexibly within the STET SQE team and with suppliers. You will be recognized as the STET SQE SME (Subject Matter Expert) for plastics commodity. You will be responsible for ensuring all project time line goals are met on time the first time in accordance with Philips APQP-PSW process to achieve an on time delivery of high quality and outstanding reliable products.
Duties and responsibilities include:In this role, you have the opportunity to
Support and coordinate with STET Program Mgrs. / sustaining BG/ BU SQE on all transfer / NPI projects from aa APQP-PSW product realization process in support of the Philips STET organization
You are responsible for
- support / coordination of all assigned STET projects with STET Program Mgr. / BG/BU SQE in a Transfer / NPI
project environment from and APQP- PSW product realization execution standpoint as part of MLD (Modified
Launch Design) process
- supporting / coordination of all assigned STET projects with STET Program Mgr. / BG/BU SQE in a Transfer / NPI
project environment from and APQP-PSW product realization execution standpoint to ensure PSW approval
process is approved first time right / on time to MLD project timeline gate dates
- support of STET Project Transfer / NPI project PN’s from a supplier DPPM KPI standpoint in post PSW approval
- deployment of RC /CA for all issues with chosen project suppliers, to mitigate all product risk / MLD time line risk
- support on-site/off-site project supplier quality development from APQP-PSW standpoint including
execution support of all PSW approval stages in coordination with BG-BU SQE / STET Project Mgr./ project
- performing requisite supplier technical assessment and quality system audits where needed in support of NPI /
You are a part ofPhilips STET Global SQE team that is part of the overall Philips Global STET team
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- BS in an engineering discipline (ie; Mechanical / Industrial Engineering)
- Minimum 7-10 years direct SQE external supplier on site interface and execution of APQP-PPAP PSW process in a transfer / migration setting and / or New Product Introduction setting
- Experience in following commodity skills required – plastic materials / tooling / processes (injection molding / Structured Foam Molding / Thermoform Molding / Rubber Compression Molding, etc)
Experience in following technical skills required – APQP-PPAP, problem solving methodology, PFD / MSA / SPC / FMEA training / Cpk Capability / DMAIC process / Minitab Microsoft Office Suite use
- Speak and comprehend English fluently
- Preffered Industry Experience: Automotive / Aerospace / Medical
- Competencies and skills:
- Execution knowledge of statistical methods, quality tools and methodologies (DfSS, CtQ, SPC, APQP, FMEA, MSA/GR&R, Control Plans, SCAR, etc).
- Six Sigma GB / Black Belt preferred, auditor certification and experience preferred.
- Ability to work independently, think analytically, and apply methodical engineering problem solving skills required.
- Ability to work with others and build effective working relationships both internally and externally at various organizational levels.
- Ability to work in a team setting and execute competency skills is paramount
- Professional communication skills in English is a MUST, both oral and written.
- Ability to travel up to 30+%.
In return, we offer youCandidate will gain the benefits of working in a highly technical environment with others who will add to the overall growth of the candidate from a competency standpoint. Rotational engineering opportunities are another benefit for qualifying candidates.
Why should you join Philips?Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions. Pune