Job ID: JR0165392
Job Category: Manufacturing
Primary Location: Hillsboro, OR US
Job Type: Experienced Hire
AFO/RA HVM Sort Manufacturing Operations ManagerJob Description
The AFO (Aloha Factory Operations)/RA (Ronler Acres) Operations Manager will be responsible for managing Compressed Work Week (CWW) Technicians on the Ronler or Aloha HVM (High Volume Manufacturing) floors.
The responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Lead a team of approximately 20 Manufacturing (Mfg.) Technicians, and is accountable for the performance of the Compressed Work Week module teams (as measured against Factory safety, quality, output, people, and cost goals).
- Responsible for the appropriate training, mentoring, coaching, and performance management of the Manufacturing Technicians and Operators.
- Establish a strong relationship with the other Operations Managers, the Engineering Group Leaders, and Area.
- Manages to drive operational expertise and excellence across all modules/shifts of the organization.
- May be required to certify and perform as an Emergency Response Team Leader.
- Assigns personnel and monitors the flow of work in process through the manufacturing facility.
- Establish and ensure operating policies and procedures are followed.
- Set priorities for the team, ensure an inclusive work environment, develop employees, and manage performance.
- Supervise the activities of product teams or staff in a manufacturing area.
- Assesses personnel and material levels to determine production schedules.
- Coordinate multiple functions within a manufacturing facility, establishing strategic plans to ensure production schedules are met within established quality and cost objectives.
- Responsible for overall safety of personnel, company assets, and the surrounding environment.
- Use judgement on a variety of problems requiring deviation from standard practices.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Technical ability with analytical problem-solving skills.
- Communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Coordinate, lead, and develop teams (improvement, preventative, corrective, and sustaining).
- People interactive skills with all organization levels in a diverse environment.
- Manage the achievement of area output goals while exercising good judgment on a variety of problem situations and sustaining the value and priorities of safety and quality.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
This position is not eligible for Intel immigration sponsorship.
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor's or Master's degree in a technical discipline.
- 6+ months of experience as a team lead or supervisor.
- Candidate must be willing to:
- Work in a clean room environment, wearing coveralls, hoods, booties, safety glasses and gloves.
- Work a day/night shift compressed work week schedule. The schedule will consist of three twelve-hour days/nights in a row followed by a fourth day/night every other week.
- Experience in a semiconductor industry related environment.
- Understanding of semiconductor process flow technology and theory of constraint management.
- Experience with manufacturing supervisory and/or management experience in a High-Volume Manufacturing environment.
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.