In this role, you have the opportunity to contribute to Philips’ mission to continuously improving people’s life through innovation across the Healthcare continuum. You and the team will be supporting these goals by defining, designing and verifying dynamical architectures for mechatronics systems while you are continuously focused on improving the effectiveness & efficiency as novel medical equipment requires increased levels of reliability and performance. Philips Innovation Services is also targeting the high precision engineering domain where similar trends are applicable.
You are responsible for
- Contributing to mechatronic product creation projects and services working closely together with other specialists and designers using your profound knowledge of FEM and dynamics;
- Acquire and carry out tasks and activities within the MSVA and dynamics domain by performing analyses, both experimental and numerical, in order to predict the functioning and the accuracy of the systems as well as the impact on systems reliability and lifetime. These activities range from feasibility and design studies in the concept phase to the optimization of the desired performance within existing products or systems, including the translation of analysis results into design recommendations;
- Acting as a consultant and expert towards our customers when performance or reliability issues of existing products and systems need to be analyzed and solved;
- As an expert within the dynamics competence, help building the competence within Philips Innovation Services.
You are a part ofMechatronics is a department within Philips Innovation Services, which focuses on delivering diverse high level technological contributions to mechatronics projects and services within the innovation domains high precision equipment and medical equipment. Technological contributions within projects and services include system architecture and integration, concept development, mechanical and electrical design, prototyping, electromagnetic actuators and sensors, dynamics & control, acoustics, tribology and FEM. You will contribute to the growth and development of the MSVA and dynamics competence within the Mechatronics department.
Mechatronics department is part of Philips Innovation Services and located on the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven (the Netherlands) and Pune in India. Philips Innovation Services draws upon a huge range of resources and know-how to support our customers in bringing their innovations to market, as fast and as efficiently possible. Our pragmatic technology experts and consultants benefit from decades of experience supporting customers in Philips Businesses, Philips Research and hundreds of companies outside Philips. Each day brings new challenges as we work in many different projects. Learn more about how Philips Innovation Services fits the strategy of Philips
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- M.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering or Applied Physics;
- 5 years+ relevant experience with Finite Element Analysis;
- Thorough knowledge of and experience with ANSYS software;
- Ability to make fast assessments based on simplified methods on correctness of complex FEM approaches;
- Understanding of product and equipment design and Mechatronic Systems;
- Passion for technology, interest in applications;
- Willingness to develop your career to become a high level expert in Finite Element Methods;
- Excellent communication skills, in English both written and verbally;
- A customer centric attitude, interest in executing R&D projects for customers;
- You are flexible and cooperative.
In return, we offer youWe believe that every mega growth period creates an exceptional career runway. In fact, the floorcareleadership team gets out of bed every morning with the sole focus of growing the business and growing the people who contribute to it. Luckily, you are the benefactor of this unique opportunity and leadership commitment- likely to experience an exciting high stakes, mobility-focused environment from which to create your own future – personally, professionally & financially.
- A competitive salary;
- A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance;
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching;
- Colleagues who are the best and brightest in their field;
- Competitive company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package;
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount;
- Healthy work-life balance and exciting, international environment at the campus in Pune.
Why should you join Philips?Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.