In this role, you have the opportunity to work closely together with the manufacturing and engineering organizations in Royal Philips as well as external clients to improve manufacturing processes equipment by leading the architecture creation of the Industry 4.0 solutions developed and built in our organization. We are looking for an experienced and hands-on Azure IoT architect. By working both within Philips as well as with external medical and high-tech companies, we keep our expertise at the highest level.
You are responsible for
- Defining, based on customer’s requirements, the Azure Industrial IoT architecture (HW and SW), and taking the whole E2E (data) chain into consideration and covering all stakeholder demands (e.g. complying with enterprise IT architecture requirements)
- Hands-on Implementation support of proposed architecture in cooperation with the project team.
- Develop technical solutions and deliver proof-of-concepts to demonstrate validity of the defined solutions
- Working closely together with business consultants and other Royal Philips entities to gather and understand user demands
- Support the choice between make/buy decisions of parts of the solutions
- Defining design specifications for the new complex manufacturing equipment/lines based on own insights or from other relevant specialists
- Guiding developers such that solutions are implemented according agreed design specifications
- Ensures creation and realization of architectures focusing on architectural and design decisions.
- continuously expanding the technical expertise of dedicated core competence by maintaining a broad network of specialist’s intern and outside the company
- coaching other architects, interacting with peers, exchanging best practices within the Architecture Community and performing Architecture Assessments
- as an architect, playing a key role in the acquisition phase to create the best concept concerning quality, cost and lead-time and teaming-up with the account team to win project(s) in the acquisition phase
You are a part of Philips Innovation Services, and within the department of Manufacturing Systems & Industry 4.0, we know that customized manufacturing processes create competitive edge and we create the bridge from idea to market for each innovation journey. Do you have an idea that can change the world? Turning your brilliant ideas into working innovations that make life better is our drive and our deliverable.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor or master’s degree with minimum 5 years relevant work experience with designing, developing, and sourcing of Industry 4.0 solutions
- Demonstrated experience in architecture, designing, developing applications and implementing solutions in an Azure Cloud environment including edge IoT.
- Seasoned knowledge of Industry 4.0 / Smart Factory technologies, focusing on Industrial IoT and IT/OT convergence.
- Experience with integrating operation technology (OT) with enterprise IT landscape
- Hands-on, can do mentality.
- Experience in defining value cases of Industry 4.0 solutions
- Analytical skills, architectural thinking and creation, switching from helicopter to detailed view
- Influencing skills, team player, networking skills, negotiation skills
- Strong communicator (writing & speech), being able to communicate on all levels
- Fluent in English.
- Willingness to travel (approx. 25% of time).
In return, we offer you a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore. Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences.
Why should you join Philips?Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 2.5 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.