- 1 day agoPost Date
- SKA000CQQRequisition #
Apply for job Share this job
The Assistant Superintendent is assigned specific field operations on the project. He/she is responsible for timely and profitable completion of each assignment. The Assistant Superintendent will not be required to perform manual labor in this position but will actively and independently manage those who do.
What You'll Do:
- Responsible for the safety of all assigned employees and subcontractors to ensure the safe execution of all activities, including the strict adherence to company safety policies and programs through the communication and enforcement of the Skanska Safety and Health Management Program, including the ability to independently stop work for a safety violation or suspected safety violation;
- Supervise, on a day-to-day basis, on-site field labor force;
- Inspection of Contractor or Subcontract operations to ensure compliance with Contract and determine non-compliance where applicable;
- Create and maintain site logistics plan, in coordination with Project Manager;
- Conduct quality inspections and determine Quality Control deficiencies;
- Coordinate site testing and inspection efforts;
- Ensure compliance with project and Skanska’s DBE compliance program;
- Monitor costs, including labor time and material;
- Manage schedules, including preparation of detailed short-term schedules and ensuring all assigned activities take place on or ahead of scheduled dates, including the exercise of decision-making to reschedule and/or re-coordinate work to ensure compliance with applicable project schedules;
- Prepare and submit Superintendent’s Daily Reports;
- Attend and participate in project meetings, including subcontractor meetings.
We're Looking For:
- Knowledge and understanding Labor Regulations;
- Computer proficient with ability to adapt to new innovations and processes;
- Capable of understanding construction documents including drawings, standards, and specifications;
- Strong written, communication and problem-solving skills;
- Good math/accounting skills;
- Good leadership skills;
- Functions effectively as part of a team;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills;
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times;
- Bachelor of Science in Construction or Engineering preferred, but experience may be considered in lieu of same;
- Basic knowledge of construction industry including equipment, labor, means and methods;
- 2 years of related industry experience.
Developing Your Career at Skanska, You Will:
- Contribute to a sustainable future improving the lives of people, communities and companies;
- Collaborate in an open culture where sound values and dedicated people come together for greater results;
- Thrive in a people-driven international company with countless opportunities to learn and grow.
Skanska is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination, harassment or retaliation. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge is based on job requirement, individual qualifications, merit, and business needs. Skanska does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability (includes physical or mental), citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, civil union or domestic partnership status, military or veteran status, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other protected characteristics under federal, state, or local law.
Skanska is one of the world’s leading construction and development companies. Skanska’s core operations in the U.S. include building construction, civil infrastructure and developing self-financed commercial properties. In 2020, construction in the U.S. generated $6.5 billion in revenue, and as a developer in the U.S., Skanska has invested a total of $2.8 billion in commercial and multi-family projects. With U.S. headquarters in New York City, Skanska has 29 offices with 7,600 employees nationwide. An industry-leading innovator in both safety and project execution, Skanska offers competitive solutions for traditional and complex assignments that build a more sustainable future for our customers and communities. Global revenue of parent company Skanska AB, headquartered in Stockholm and listed on the Stockholm Stock Exchange, totaled approximately $17.2 billion in 2020.
Search Firm and Employment Agency DisclaimerSkanska USA Human Resources (“Skanska HR”) provides HR services to the Skanska business units within the U.S.A. including Skanska USA Civil Inc., Skanska USA Building Inc., Skanska USA Commercial Development Inc. and Skanska Infrastructure Development Inc. (collectively “Skanska USA”). As such, Skanska HR is the sole authorized representative of Skanska USA to execute any agreements with search firms, employment agencies or any employment vendor (“Vendor”). As a condition precedent to any entitlement for payment, a Vendor shall have both (1) Skanska USA Placement Agreement, and (2) an Engagement Job Order executed by an authorized Skanska HR representative. Absent the properly executed documents, Skanska HR shall have no obligation to make payment to the Vendor. Verbal or written communications from any employee of Skanska USA business units shall not be considered binding obligations. All resumes whether unsolicited or solicited shall be considered property of Skanska HR.
- Location: New York, New York, United States
- Additional Locations: United States
- Schedule: Full-time
- Employee Status: Regular