We believe work is not a place, but rather a thing you do. Our technology revolves around this core philosophy. We are relentlessly committed to helping people work and play from anywhere, on any device. Innovation, creativity and a passion for ever-improving performance drive our company and our people forward. We empower the original mobile device: YOU!
What we're looking for:You are a Software Engineer who knows how to apply engineering principles to operations. You have demonstrable experience managing or developing a multi-tenanted SaaS. You are well versed in a large number of technologies and welcome new tools and techniques. You work in conjunction with fellow developers and operations members to come to the best possible solution. You are always looking for patterns and ways to increase efficiency, eliminate downtime, optimize costs, and maintain performance at scale. You work to provide hands-on technical expertise to design, deploy, secure and optimize Cloud services.
Position Overview:Citrix is rapidly developing and expanding its portfolio of large-scale cloud applications across all product lines, including app/desktop virtualization, networking, and content collaboration. These applications must deliver enterprise-grade performance, reliability, and integration while using consumer internet economies of scale in multiple clouds (and in hybrid scenarios that reach behind the enterprise firewall). This requires excellent architecture and dev-ops process in software development, operations, and site reliability engineering.
As a member of the Cloud Platform Engineering (CPE) team, you will be engaged in projects that provide foundational value across all Citrix cloud production. You will use your knowledge and expertise to work with development and SRE teams to ensure proper availability, scalability, security, performance, cost and compliance requirements of Citrix cloud services. A primary means of meeting these demands is building and maintaining a platform that ensures excellence in these areas and doing so using autonomous service delivery. This platform enables services to meet these high demands natively and provides efficiency and effectiveness in moving from the inception of an idea to a delivered service a short timeframe.
- Be a beacon of excellence in availability, scalability, security, performance and cost for cloud services
- Become proficient in technologies and subjects quickly and effectively
- Drive projects/technical initiatives and architectural/technical service improvements through to completion
- Evangelize standard methodologies in library usage and end-to-end architecture
- Work with the development teams to design scalable, robust systems using cloud native architectural principles
- Identify and address patterns in infrastructure and applications that can be solved with a common solution
- Have proficiency in developing cloud services or strong technical skills in cloud infrastructure
- Like looking through metrics and logs as if it were a treasure hunt
- Avoid logging into servers directly and prefer automation and aggregation for management
- Strive to be a responsible enabler rather than a "gate"
- Enjoy working with a large variety of services and technologies
- Tinker with new technologies as they become available to keep appraised of the industry
- Consider yourself just lazy enough to build tooling to perform redundant tasks rather than performing a series of manual tasks
- Enjoy pushing scalability to the limit with high throughput services
- Strive towards implementation and iteration rather than over-analyzing a problem
- Develop software with one or more languages (C#, Java, Python, Go, Node.js)
- Be proficient in one or more cloud providers, including AWS, Azure, GCP
- Design solutions with failure in mind to ensure reliability
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Viewed as having a specialty within discipline. May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Requires a University Degree or equivalent experience and minimum 8 years of prior relevant experience; or Master’s degree with 6 years; or PhD with 3 years of experience
- Knowledge of resiliency patterns like circuit breakers and load shedding
- Experience with container technologies: Kubernetes, Docker
What you’re looking for:Our technology is built on the idea that everyone should be able to work from anywhere, at any time, and on any device. It’s a simple philosophy that guides everything we do — including how we work. If you’re an engineer, we’ll give you plenty of ways to test your skills on cutting edge technology. We want employees to do what they do best, every day.
Be bold. Take risks. Imagine a better way to work. If this sounds like you then we’d love to talk.
Functional Area:Cloud Ops
About us:Citrix is a cloud company that enables mobile workstyles. We create a continuum between work and life by allowing people to work whenever, wherever, and however they choose. Flexibility and collaboration is what we’re all about. The Perks: We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. You’ll enjoy our workstyle within an incredible culture. We’ll give you all the tools you need to succeed so you can grow and develop with us.
Citrix Systems, Inc. is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, genetic carrier status, disability, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, marital status, protected veteran status and other protected classifications.
Citrix uses applicant information consistent with the Citrix Recruitment Policy Notice at https://www.citrix.com/about/legal/privacy/citrix-recruitment-privacy-notice.html
Citrix welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the job application process, please contact us at (877) 924-8749 or email us at ASKHR@citrix.com for assistance.
If this is an evergreen requisition, by applying you are giving Citrix consent to be considered for future openings of other roles of similar qualifications.