Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other.
If you're driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, Nestlé is the place for you. Nestlé USA is one of seven operating companies that make up Nestlé’s presence in the United States. We're in 97% of American homes, and as the leading food and beverage company, our goals are to continue to deliver quality food and beverage products, strengthen our local communities, and reduce our environmental and climate impact.
We’re determined to challenge the status quo and be better tomorrow than we are today. As individuals and teams, we embrace our entrepreneurial culture and have created a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day. Here, you will find limitless opportunities to learn and advance your career and feel empowered to succeed in the workplace and beyond. Because our focus is not only on nourishing our customers, but also about enriching you.
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
The Reliability & Maintenance Engineer is responsible for supporting factories to enable and deliver asset Maintenance according to the Nestlé Strategy (using TPM as the multi-disciplined approach to maintain/improve fixed assets, and AMM to manage their life cycle).
The Reliability & Maintenance Engineer is also responsible for partnering with the factories to establish a “Continuous Improvement and Zero Loss” culture in Maintenance, consistent with the principles of NCE. The Reliability Engineer must actively champion the Nestlé USA and Canada NCE programs. The position provides support and coaching to factories in loss elimination, risk management and life cycle asset management (LCAM). Assist in Master plan & Skill development to transition to and sustain a proactive - planned maintenance program. The position is intended to be a 1–2-year developmental role for future Maintenance Managers.
- Define, propose, and monitor Maintenance and Reliability plans and objectives in accordance with Engineering Policy, Key Principles, and the M&I Activity as outlines in Nestle Engineering Excellence (NEE) master document
- Monitor plant/equipment
- Propose and monitor key performance indicators in accordance with the Best Maintenance Practices
- Guide factories to reduce technical stoppages in equipment or areas of common occurrence (priority given to areas of highest incidence or impact). Ensure the systematic review all line, processes, and utilities that are critical to the business and those where failure can have an unacceptable impact on safety, personnel safety, food safety, environment, or compliance with the law
- Encourage close team work between all functions (Engineering, Productions, Quality Management, etc.)
- Insure implementation of all repairs/modifications resulting from Gap assessments, plant audits, and notifications
- Manage technical stores, scheduled Work Orders, labor hour allocation and equipment Bill of Material (BOM)
- Ensure job planning, material and services planning is accurate and effective
- Ensure equipment history, damage code and root cause analysis are completed
- Develop and lead a network of Factory SME’s (subject matter experts)
- Share NCE/NEE and other maintenance-related best practices across all Nestlé USA and Canada factories
- Support and back-fill the roll-out and sustainability of TPM-PM Pillar
- Consolidate and analyze the factory M&R budgets
- Travel 50-70%
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering (Maintenance & Reliability, Mechanical, Electrical, Process, Chemical or equivalent) strongly preferred or equivalent work experience, relevant certifications (i.e., SMRP, CMRP), preferred
- Minimum 3 – 5 years’ experience in Engineering and/or Maintenance field.
- Direct experience with Maintenance Planning and/or supervision, preferred
- Knowledge, understanding, and passion for continuous improvement methodologies
- Knowledge and understanding of the cost drivers of Maintenance in manufacturing operations
- Knowledge of CMMS systems (SAP, Maximo) to mine and analyze data for trends/reports
- Project Engineering/Management
- TPM experience
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Nestlé seeks such skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission where you’ll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé home.
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, gender, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, perceived disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status, as defined by applicable law. Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or please dial 711 and provide this number to the operator: 1-800-321-6467.
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.