American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
Honda has a clear vision for the future in 2030, and it’s a joyful one. We are looking for people with the individual skills, courage, persistence, and dreams that will help us reach our future-focused goals. We are seeking diversity of thought and experience to drive innovation and help us make fully informed decisions.
In this role, you will be responsible to provide technical solutions for DMS by interpreting provided requirements, defining technical tasks, engineering quality software, and testing implemented solutions. You will support and troubleshoot DMS systems, answer technical questions and resolve software database issues.
At Honda, our associates take pride in their responsibilities. A typical day as a Software Developer Iwill include:
- Code Development and Maintenance - Develops programs according to specifications from higher-level staff or business analysts. Resolves in a timely manner, problems that arise with existing production applications to ensure the efficient and proper functioning of application components. Follows established configuration/change control processes.
- QA and Standards – Performs unit and integration testing of software to ensure error free, efficient execution and adherence to business and technical requirements. Implements quality solutions based on current AHM IT standards and guidance from DMS architects.
- Reporting – Generates a variety of complex and periodic reports and/or data through database management, date administration, and date extraction techniques
- Support – Resolve support issues assigned and provide afterhours support as needed
- Documentation – Develop technical documentation as assigned
- BA/BS in Information Technology, Computer Science related fields or equivalent work experience
- 1-3 years’ experience in software design, development and testing with Java .net, or similar programming language
- 1-3 years’ experience with design and implementation of a MSSQL, DB2, PostgreSQL or similar relational databases
- DevOps concepts and tolling
- Good interpersonal, communication and writing skills
- Automotive manufacturing and supply chain management experience a PLUS!
Competitive Base Pay Medical, Dental, Vision
Remote Work Opportunities Bonus Program
401K Program Honda Product Programs
Company Lease Car Program
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other