We are pioneers. We were the first to break the sound barrier and to design the first functional jetpack. We were aboard NASA’s first lunar mission and brought advanced tiltrotor systems to market. Today, we are defining the future of on-demand mobility. At Bell, we are proud to work for an iconic company with superb talent, rapidly creating novel and coveted vertical lift experiences.
Embedded Software Engineer - Ground Maintenance Web Application
This position is located at Bell Helicopter’s headquarters facility in Ft. Worth, TX, and will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
- Design and test of a web based application (Ground Station) that displays and analyzes aircraft data for aircraft maintainers.
- System and software design, requirements management, systems specifications, verification and validation testing, and documentation for system and software requirements in a laboratory or desktop simulation environment
- Develop and update requirements and verification traceability in DOORS
- Conduct software integration and testing on target hardware
- Develop, implement, document, and review Low-Level Test (LLT) and High-Level Test (HLT) software cases and expected results
- Perform LLT and HLT execution on desktop environment and target hardware in a lab environment
- Bachelor’s Degree is required. Major in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or Computer Science is preferred. Bachelor’s Degree in Physics, Electrical, Aerospace, or Mechanical Engineering will be considered with sufficient software development experience.
- Master’s Degree in the Engineering disciplines mentioned above is preferred.
- Experience with DO-178 Level A software or other embedded software development and testing. Various skill levels are needed with the minimum being 2 years’ experience.
- Familiarity with RTCA DO-178, RTCA DO-254, SAE ARP4754A, SAE ARP4761, 14 CFR Part 27 and Part 29 for commercial and military qualification and certification of aircraft systems.
- Substantial experience with Primary Development Environment is required:
- Java and C/C++ code
- MongoDB and SQL databas
- Jira and Serena Dimensions / PVCS
Bell will consider candidates nationally, however, this position does not offer relocation assistance.
Our most cherished core value is to Lift Each Other up, creating a diverse and inclusive environment. As a member of our global workforce, you will collaborate with dedicated, enthusiastic teams where differences in experiences, backgrounds, and ideas combined with a strong passion for our products take us above and beyond flight.
EEO StatementTextron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR)., Non-U.S. persons selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to export-restricted information. , The ITAR/EAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Pay Transparency Policy StatementThe contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Primary Location:US-Texas-Fort Worth
Recruiting Company:Bell Textron Inc.
Job Level:Individual Contributor
Travel:Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Posting:01/31/2022, 4:42:27 PM
Textron (and its subsidiaries) participates in E-Verify. We will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employer’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.