Udacity is on a mission to change lives, businesses and nations through radical talent transformation in digital technologies. We offer a unique and immersive online learning platform, powering corporate technical training in fields such as Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Data Science, Autonomous Systems, Cloud Computing and more. Our rapidly growing global organization is revolutionizing how the enterprise market bridges the talent shortage and skills gaps during their digital transformation journey. Udacity is proud to be backed by respected investors like Andreessen Horowitz, Charles River Ventures, Bertelsmann and Drive Capital, among other leading VC firms, and provides a powerful and differentiated solution inside of a $32b total addressable market opportunity. Udacity has more than 100 enterprise customers including Airbus, Bertelsmann, BNP Paribas, Leidos, Mazda, and the United States Air Force.
In our mission towards powering careers through tech education, we are doubling down on the support that we offer to our students. As a part of this, we want to extend an opportunity to you to become a Mentor in our scholarship programs. Career mentors are industry professionals who provide world-class career support to our students in their Nanodegree journey or beyond. All our mentors are handpicked through a rigorous selection process so that we can truly be #studentfirst.
JOIN THE LEAGUE TODAYRequired skills/qualifications:
- +2 years of experience in teaching the basics of career development concepts and public speaking.
- Experience in working in software industry, specifically in fields like these are a plus: Data Science, Computer Vision, Deep Learning, Data Visualization, Model Evaluation, Data Engineering, Object-Oriented Programming, Bootstrap, Basic Web Development, Code Refactoring, Gaussian mixture models, Single Linkage Clustering, K-Means Clustering, DBSCAN, Cluster Models
- Basic understanding in Programming is an added plus.
- English proficiency both written and spoken.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to lead and coach a group of students and build a strong community.
- Familiarity with the global market’s general careers and employment map and characteristics.
- Ability to assist Udacity students in identifying personal goals, developing leadership skills, and planning career moves.
- Experience in quick resume and LinkedIn profiles screening
- Completion of one of Udacity Nanodegree programs is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication including PowerPoint presentations.
- Attend bi-weekly meetings with Udacity careers ops for discussing students’ progress.
- Conduct webinars and/or sessions to deliver careers and initial freelancing experience to Udacity learners.
- Support Udacity learners and build a strong sense of community through motivational posts, sharing your knowledge, sharing helpful articles, and answering students’ questions.
- Support in increasing the program’s survey responses.
- Occasionally assisting with hiring partners’ employment requests (announcements, filtration, and screening).
Why should you apply?
- Gain recognition for your knowledge and leadership.
- Network with other top-notch mentors.
- Earn additional income.
- Contribute to a vibrant, global student community.
- Stay updated on the latest in cutting-edge technologies.
There are only a few positions, so please don’t wait too long to apply!
Note: CareerMentors are external contractors, if you are a good fit, we will reach out within 3 weeks with the next steps. Please do not apply multiple times for the same position.
Learn more about Udacity's ValuesStudents First
Candid and Direct
Udacity is committed to creating economic empowerment and a more diverse and equitable world. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition (including genetic information), age, veteran status or military status, denial of pregnancy disability leave or reasonable accommodation.