SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
Job DescriptionSS&C is looking to hire a Financial Engineer.
- Analyzes business activities, client operations, and operational workflows supporting market risk, credit risk and other financial risk management systems.
- Typically focused on topics like reporting requirements (both internal and regulatory), data requirements, and system performance.
- Researches and proposes options and solutions for utilizing and/or improving systems and/or business processes.
- Some BAs work in Development, Services and Product Management and other roles that require a deep understanding of how banks, insurance companies, asset managers, and other financial institutions implement risk systems.
- Leader of primarily technical, skilled, or professional staff working on issues or projects of a moderate scope that require independent judgement guided by established policies, processes, and procedures.
- Actively engages in the work of the team to resolve escalated issues and meet schedules.
- Administers company policies and provides direction and guidance to team members on daily work, sometimes through team leads.
- Recommends new procedures and changes to policies to meet department goals.
- Minimally requires a Bachelor's or Master's degree in financial or risk mathematics.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years of experience and/or CFA or FRM exams or charter.
- Experience with VB.NET, SQL and writing Microsoft SQL Server stored procedures
Why SS&C?Working at SS&C is balanced and fair – especially in challenging times. We offer flexible work schedules, time off, and so much more to keep you healthy, safe, and productive. SS&C offers:
- Currently working remotely, but long-term plan is a Hybrid Schedule featuring 8-10 days in the office monthly combined with working from home
- Competitive base salary plus excellent benefits (including medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD and more)!
- 401k Matching Program
- Unlimited Global Flexible Time Off Policy (personal/vacation time)
- Sick Leave Policy
- Eligible for an annual performance-based bonus program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Tuition Reimbursement up to 70% and Professional Development up to 100%
- Business Casual dress code (includes jeans)
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services. SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan. SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.