Nov 25, 2022
Job Description628 - Applications hosted in the Cloud (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS). 80+ projects that require Public Cloud Infrastructure. 1500% increase in footprint on Azure, 200% on AWS to collaborate on how we reimagine medicine. Would you like to be part of our Data & Digital transformation journey enabling our business strategy as part of Technology & Infrastructure services ? Come learn how you can be part of this amazing journey
Your responsibilities include but not limited to :
- Responsible for IT infrastructure solution / service design on public cloud platforms (MS-Azure), based on functional/non-functional specifications, to meet quality and performance requirements and technical constraints. Manage cloud demands for multiple business functions
- Manage design, implementation and maintenance of Cloud hosting platform for Novartis business applications
- Create the detailed infra design to operate the application software/services on a public cloud platform, primarily on Microsoft Azure
- Ensure designs produced adhere to architectural roadmap and support the development, execution and operations of applications
- Ensure that detailed designs adhere to solution architecture design (i.e. high level conceptual design) and are traceable to functional as well as non-functional requirements in functional specification
- Ensure the overall user experience is taken into account when designing new solutions and services
- Ensure a holistic infrastructure view and overall user experience is taken into account when designing solutions
- Work in close collaboration with Architecture, Security and Operations to integrate new solutions
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or Engineering.
- MS-Azure Solution Architect certification
- 8+ years of solid experience working in public cloud environments; delivering infrastructure and platform services across geographic and business boundaries
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience working in Solution Architect / design expert role for large enterprises
766 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2021, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Accessibility and accommodation:
Novartis is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here:
Nov Hltcr Shared Services Ind